Photobucket

December 23, 2007

Reggae mix

I always like to hear a good reggae mix, and here is one from one of the illest turntablists of Beat Junkie and Skratch Pikl fame. Shortkut's mixes have always gotten a lot of play from me, dude really has a talent with the cuts, mixes, and blends. You can have the illest record collection, know about every dope record made from the 60's on, but as a DJ, if your cuts and blends aren't up to par, your mixes are lacking. The first mix I heard from Shortkut was a tape called 'Rekonstructed Elements', which was a mix of samples mixed to form the beats they were used for(anyone out there who has a rip of that let me know because I have a shitty dub on cassette). Another mix worth mentioning is a mix called 'So Much Soul' that he did along with Vinroc, which consisted of R&B and hip hop. I'm sure he has other mixes but these are the ones I know of. Anyway, Enjoy...


2 comments:

  1. PEACE TO EVERY ONE OVA AT DIRTY WATERS THIS A TUOUGH MIX AND I BEEN LOOKING AROUND FOR SIMILAR MIXES TO THE ONE SHORTKUT DID OR ANY OTHER ROOTS REGGAE VIBES FROM A TABLEST LIKE TRIPLETREAT DJS OR THE BEATJUNKIES PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOMETHING?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a mix of some good reggae stuff done by SeanOne of the Vinyl Dogs that I'm going to be posting in the next few weeks. He's not a turntablist but its still a good mix, just playing the records into the next. look out for that soon

    I need help with the tracks titles also so if you know any of them let me know

    ReplyDelete