July 16, 2017

Big L - Devil's Son EP


I was under the impression that a typical 'record store day' release was something like a Pearl Jam box set, so I was really surprised to see this. It's a few early Big L tracks packaged on a vinyl EP put out by Sony. It just came out two months ago, and I'm not seeing many sites mentioning it. I believe these were studio recorded sessions that didn't make the cut for his first LP. These were put out on a Japanese bootleg EP that sells for dumb loot, so this is a blessing to have it available for a lower price and with album artwork. I just bought a copy online for around $20 and hoping for good sound quality. Anyone out there who already has a copy, and can fill me in, drop a comment..



Also it's dope that these were given an official release, although it's limited to 3,000 pieces. From what I understood, his father was putting a wrench in some of his material coming out, as well as the documentary that was in the works. Is that finally getting released as well?

3 comments:

  1. Yeah the sound quality is good and there should also be a digital download card inside..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, I'm siked for this

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, Andyman187 is right, the sound quality is good, best i've heard. Good quality ep for a fair enough price. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete